WordPress may be one of the best CMS as it is open-source and SEO-friendly. To improve the rankings of your website you will have to implement SEO. For SEO you should choose WordPress.org as it allows you to fully customize your themes, widgets, and plugins.
One of the powerful plugins that can be used for WordPress SEO is Yoast SEO. It is easy to use and provides many features to improve your website’s visibility. It helps you to optimize your content, meta descriptions, titles, and more. You can approach WordPress SEO services to optimize your website.
The architecture of your website is important. You should use a simple site architecture with a clear hierarchy of pages. A good website architecture will make it easy for search engines to crawl your website and users will be able to navigate easily. You should be able to access a page with as few clicks as possible.
Strategies for WordPress SEO
- You should choose an SEO-friendly theme for your website and the theme should be lightweight and load fast. This is because website performance is important. There are many themes available in the WordPress library and you should select the right one. Some of the best SEO themes are GeneratePress, Astra, Genesis, and more.
- Select an address format for your website from the www and non-www versions. You can use any of the formats but you should stick to one only.
- You should make sure your website gets indexed. For this, you can go to the Visibility settings and uncheck the box that says ‘Discourage search engines from indexing this site’. Developers usually discourage search engines from indexing the website during development.
- Use an SEO-friendly URL structure and for this, you can go to Settings → Permalinks. Use the Post Name structure as it is the best format to use in WordPress. It will use the title of the post to create the URL. Creating descriptive URLs will help the search engines and the user to understand your page better.
- To rank higher in the search results a HTTPS connection is a must. For this, you will need SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certification, which encrypts the data passing through your website. Some WordPress hosting providers offer an SSL certificate for free. You can go to the Security setting and select and install the certificate.
- Select a good hosting provider and check for uptime, WordPress friendliness, support, location of the server, and SSL certificate. Some of the recommended hosting providers are Dreamhost, SiteGround, and Bluehost.
- You can enable and disable comments in WordPress. Disabling the comments will not affect your rankings. Comments with wrong spelling and grammar can affect the rankings. It is up to you to decide whether you want or do not want comments.
- You can use the Yoast SEO plugin to implement some of the features. Go to the WordPress Control Panel → Plugin. In the left menu click ‘Add New’, search for Yoast SEO, and select and install it. To implement Breadcrumbs just use the plugin. Breadcrumbs help visitors to navigate your website easily.
- An XML sitemap has a list of all the important pages of your website. WordPress creates an XML sitemap automatically. It can be found at https://www,website.com/wp-sitemap.xml. This is the default sitemap. If you use the Yoast SEO plugin then an advanced version of the XML sitemap will be created and the default one will be turned off.
- You can do keyword research and find your relevant keywords. Create quality content around your relevant keyword. If you are using images then you should optimize them. Optimize your page titles and create unique meta descriptions.
- Build internal links on your WordPress website by selecting the text you want to link to and clicking the ‘Chain’ icon. Select the post or the page you want to link to and click on it. You can also paste the URL of the target page. Internal links help to increase the authority of a page.
So, those are the best WordPress SEO Strategies. To implement the above strategies on your website you can approach Ethical SEO services.