Chicken tenders are a favorite dish for numerous people, but deep frying them can be messy and unhealthy. That’s why I love making frozen chicken tenders in the air fryer. Without using any oil or fat, it prepares food using hot air. This makes the chicken tenders crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. You can do this in less than 15 minutes.
In this post, I’ll show you how to make air-fried frozen chicken tenders. That too using simple ingredients and easy way. You’ll also learn some tips and tricks to make your chicken tenders. And indeed make them more succulent and satisfying.
What You Need?
To make frozen chicken tenders in air fryer, you’ll need the following items:
- An air range. I use a 5.8-quart model, but you can use any size that fits your requirements.
- Frozen Chicken tenders. You can use any brand or flavor that you like. I prefer plain ones. Because I can season them according to my taste.
- Cooking spray. This is voluntary. But it helps to keep the chicken tenders from sticking to the handbasket of the air fryer.
- Seasonings. You can use salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, or any other spices that you like. You can also use pre-made seasoning mixes, similar to Cajun, Italian, or barbeque.
- Dipping sauces. You can serve your chicken tenders with any sauce that you like, similar to ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, ranch, honey mustard, regale sauce, or buffalo sauce.
How to Make Frozen Chicken Tenders In Air Fryer?
Making frozen chicken tenders in an air fryer is veritably easy and quick. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Preheat your air fryer to 375 °F( 190 °C) for about 5 minutes.
- Spray the basket of your air fryer with cooking spray. This will help to keep the chicken tenders from sticking and make them easier to remove the latter.
- Arrange the frozen chicken in a single layer in the basket of your air fryer. Don’t overcrowd them or mound them on top of each other, as this will affect the cooking time and result.
- Sprinkle your favorite seasonings over the chicken tenders. You can use as much or as little as you like, depending on your preference.
- Cook the chicken tenders for 12 to 15 minutes, flipping them half through. The exact cooking time may vary depending on the size and consistency of your chicken tenders, as well as the model of your air fryer. To check for doneness, cut one of the chicken tenders open and make sure that it’s cooked through and no longer pink in the center.
- Transfer the chicken tenders to a plate and serve them with your favorite dipping gravies.
Tips and Tricks
Here are some tips and tricks that you can use to make your frozen chicken tenders in air fryer. Follow these steps:
- You can increase the temperature of your air fryer to 400 °F( 200 °C) for the last few minutes of cooking.
- If you want your chicken tenders to be more crisp. You can spot them with some water or oil before cooking them.
- If you want your chicken tenders to be more juicy. You can marinate them before cooking them.
- If you want to add some extra flavor to your chicken tenders. You can use any condiment that you like, similar to lemon juice, soy sauce, honey, or teriyaki sauce.
- You can store frozen chicken tenders in air fryer in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for over 3 days or in the deep freezer for over 3 months. If you have leftover chicken tenders. To overheat them, you can either microwave oven them for many seconds or put them back in the air fryer for a few minutes.
How to Serve Frozen Chicken Tenders in an Air Fryer?
You can serve your frozen chicken tenders in air fryer as a main course or as a snack. You can also pair them with different sides, similar to fries, salad, coleslaw, or corn. You can also make some sandwiches or wraps with them. Using bread, tortillas, lettuce, cheese, and tomatoes. You can also cut them into smaller pieces and use them as condiments for salads, pizzas, or nachos.
There are numerous ways to enjoy your frozen chicken tenders in an air fryer. You can experiment with different combinations and flavors, and have fun with your food.
Making a delicious and nutritional lunch out of frozen chicken tenders in air fryer takes only a few minutes. Without using any oil or grease, they have a crisp outside and a juicy inside. You may make them your own by adding your favorite flavors and gravies, and you can eat them with your friends and family.
Can I use fresh chicken tenders rather than frozen ones?
Yes, you can use fresh chicken tenders rather than frozen ones. Still, you’ll need to acclimate the cooking time consequently. Fresh chicken tenders will cook faster than frozen ones, so you may need to reduce the cooking time by a few minutes.
Can I use chicken nuggets rather than chicken tenders?
Yes, you can use chicken nuggets rather than chicken tenders. Still, you’ll need to acclimate the cooking time consequently. Chicken nuggets are smaller than chicken tenders so they will cook briskly. You may need to reduce the cooking time by half or more.
Can I use other types of meat instead of chicken?
Yes, you can use other types of meat instead of chicken. You can use turkey, pork, beef, or even fish. still, you’ll need to acclimate the cooking time consequently. Different types of meat have different cooking times and temperatures. So you may need to check the package instructions or use a meat thermometer to ensure that they’re cooked duly.